Monday, July 13, 2009

The Hardest Part Of Any Workout Routine

I started my current work out regimine a week ago today. I've probably been at it a little too hard (5 miles a day on the stationary bike, plus some pretty strenuous upper-body and abdominal work).

None of that has been particularly difficult to keep up with, but today begins the toughest element of my plan: the off day.

I know, or I have read, that the body needs time to recover if you are going to experience any real results, so the off day is as important as any other in a regimine. But when I am working out, I feel like I am doing something that helps me make progress toward a goal. When I am not working out, I feel like I am wasting time. Worse than that, when I have gone a day or two without working out in the past, it has usually resulted in me falling off the fitness wagon altogether.

I want to stay focused, stick with my plan, and achieve results. I am taking the day off from working my muscles. I just hope I can pick back up tomorrow and carry on with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment